Knowledgeable Texas DUI/DWI Attorney Protects Drivers' Rights
Committed lawyer defends clients in the Anna area against criminal prosecution
Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. If you were stopped and charged with a DUI/DWI in the Anna area or anywhere in Texas, I am here to help. I understand that good people can make mistakes and that breathalyzers can give false readings. At the Law Offices of John C. Hardin, P.C., I have the knowledge necessary to challenge the evidence against you, and the ability to help you pursue the best possible outcome.
Skilled Texas advocate challenges drunk driving charges
At the Law Offices of John C. Hardin, P.C., I may be able to have charges thrown out by demonstrating that an equipment or procedural error resulted in an unfair charge. I will examine whether or not law enforcement followed proper protocol in regard to:
- The stop — Police must be able to demonstrate that they pulled you over based on "reasonable suspicion" that you were acting in violation of the law.
- The sobriety test — There are specific rules that police must follow when administering field sobriety tests, including when measuring blood alcohol concentration (BAC).
- The equipment — Breathalyzer machines have provided inaccurate results in the past, and their reliability can be questioned.
- The arrest — In Texas the decision to arrest, and as well as the legality of a stop, can be challenged if the facts of your case raise such an issue.
- The evidence — Blood samples and other types of evidence must be stored in certain conditions in order to maintain their integrity. Blood test results can be and have been retested and have sometimes shown a different and lower result then originally tested.
My firm will strive to get you the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
Trusted counselor provides advice on handling DWI and DUI stops
If you are ever pulled over by the police on suspicion of driving under the influence or driving while intoxicated, there are several ways you can help yourself:
- Remain calm and be polite — If you are nervous, police officers may think that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. You have the right to remain silent after giving the officer your name and showing the officer your driver's license.
- Don't allow a search without a warrant — Any evidence police find in your car can be used to support a DWI and DUI conviction.
- Take the sobriety test — You have a right to refuse performing a sobriety test and to refuse a breath or blood test. The results of a test can always be challenged later.
If you are arrested and charged with a DUI or DWI, it is wise to contact a DWI attorney immediately. At the Law Offices of John C. Hardin, P.C., I can start working on your defense as soon as you enlist my services.
Contact an experienced Texas lawyer for help fighting a DUI/DWI
If you have been arrested for DUI or DWI, a qualified defense attorney can advocate for charges to be dismissed or reduced. Call the Law Offices of John C. Hardin, P.C. in Anna today at 972-542-4628 or contact me online to set up a free consultation.